Start new topic Forum Latest digest Sign in Create account
Search
CrochetMenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksOther clothingWomenScarvesHatsGlovesShawls and cover upSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersBagsOther clothingChildrenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersOther clothingHomeBlankets and plaidsRugsHome decorationsPetsSchemesKnittingOther hand-madeChat

Need advice on color choice

Dec 20, 2022 04:04 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm working on a crochet project and I'm having a hard time deciding on the color scheme. I'm trying to make a blanket and I'm not sure which colors would look best together. Does anyone have any advice on how to choose colors for crochet projects? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks,

3 comments
Dec 22, 2022 12:01 PM

Use a color wheel, or a favorite picture or object whose color you like. 

Elizabeth
Dec 22, 2022 03:30 PM

What is the person's favorite color?? Then build a color scheme around that color.

+1
Dec 23, 2022 07:02 AM

There are a lot of things you can consider when you pick a color scheme. Who is it for? What is their favorite color? What is their color scheme? And my favorite, tried-and-true method of color selection:  go stand in the yarn aisle at the craft sore and see what speaks to you. Be careful, though...this last method will almost certainly guarantee you come home with more than you bargained for...there are always so many lovely yarns that scream your name! Good luck!