Start new topic Forum Latest digest Sign in Create account
Search
CrochetMenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksOther clothingWomenScarvesHatsGlovesShawls and cover upSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersBagsOther clothingChildrenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersOther clothingHomeBlankets and plaidsRugsHome decorationsPetsSchemesKnittingOther hand-madeChat

Crafting discussion - tools and techniques

Dec 12, 2022 08:42 AM

Hi everyone,

I just finished making a beautiful afghan for my sister's birthday and I'm so proud of how it turned out! It's my first time making such a large project and I learned so much in the process. I used a few new tools and techniques that really helped me with the project, and I'm excited to try them out again in the future.

What have you been working on lately? Share your latest crochet creations and let's admire each other's handiwork! Also, what tools and techniques do you like to use when crocheting? I'd love to hear about your favorites.

Best,

2 comments
Dec 12, 2022 10:05 PM

I recently tried the Tunisian Stitch for wash clothes.  You need a Tunisian hook.  They are inexpensive and can be gotten at Walmart.  This wash cloth was featured on this site but you can look up:. Tunisian Stitch by mypoppet. com.  on YouTube.  It was fun and as I got the hang of it I was really cruising.  I did 2 wash cloths with a bar of soap for nursing homes.  They liked them.  Hope someone will try this stitch. 

+1
Dec 13, 2022 01:50 AM

I've been making scrubbing with the scraps that match the Christmas gifts of scarves & hats & cozies, etc. I purchased a 4-pack of pastel scrubby yarn online. It is awesome, as no matter the color of the scrap yarn, even the variegated, the scrubby yarn beautifies it & makes it sparkle like Christmas time 🎄❣ I find it a little rough on fingers and fingernails....lol!  I've been doing the outer edge in a stitch called «reverse» single crochet (?). My new favorite stitch..