Start new topic Forum Latest digest Sign in Create account
Search
CrochetMenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksOther clothingWomenScarvesHatsGlovesShawls and cover upSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersBagsOther clothingChildrenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersOther clothingHomeBlankets and plaidsRugsHome decorationsPetsSchemesKnittingOther hand-madeChat

Cupcakes for Aubrey

Dec 09, 2022 12:41 AM

Watched a video on You-tube after seeing cupcake crochet hat... the pattern is hysterical fun. I doubled the frosting... Great-granddaughter  Aubrey's favorite part anyway.  As soon as son sends head measurements, the top rounds of her hat will be finished and fly off to Santa's Shop in 

North Carolina. Aubrey will have carry purse that matches. 

12 comments
Dec 12, 2022 04:05 PM

How awesome!!!

+1
Dec 22, 2022 03:16 PM

That is adorable!

Dec 22, 2022 03:49 PM

Brenda… thank you… their box arrived today in N.C… no noise when it is shaken...lol. Aubrey is such a sweetheart… best spit bubble maker, ever! I hope someone takes her pic when she opens her present...lol. She loves cupcakes, mostly the frosting!!🤭🎄💚❤🧶✂️🌲

Dec 22, 2022 03:53 PM

Thanks, Lyla! I loved the design that was found step by step on you-tube. I used a softer yarn and little smaller hook. Seems like the 4 ply worsted is getting stiffer now-a-days(but then, aren't we all). D' 🎄💚❤🧶✂️🌲🤗

Dec 29, 2022 11:27 AM

That is so cute! My fiance is from North Carolina and he relocated to Nebraska for me. he always teases me that I'm a Yankee.

Dec 29, 2022 11:33 AM

Oldest son and some grandkids and great-grandkids in NC.  I miss the trees and my critters. 

Dec 29, 2022 11:59 AM

What part of North Carolina? My guy is from the Lexington area. My grandson that is in the picture with me what was this the last time we flew in. He loved all the trees and paths through my husband's land. It's definitely beautiful there but I can live without the extra snakes and bugs. Nebraska has a few copperheads but North Carolina differently has the market on snakes! LOL

Dec 29, 2022 12:08 PM

Raleigh/Durham… I had home in country near Creedmoor with woods on 3 sides. It got pretty bad with snakes last few years. I have PTSD, the snakes trigger it… cottonmouth, copperhead, and rattlesnakes multiplied with light winters, so it got awful.  Place was getting hard to handle, so I sold it a year ago. 

I miss the birds and kamikaze hummingbirds! And family!!

Dec 29, 2022 12:24 PM

I know how it is with being so far away. My husband has a step sister and mother in NC and he just sold his land too. His cousins all live in Wilmington by Carolina Beach. I'm lucky because my four kids are all in town or within a 50 mile radius. 6-boy & 3-girl granbabies. From 4-15 yrs. In the summer they pull their campers into the backyard and we have so much fun. I have six acres so that makes it easy. where are you located now?

Dec 29, 2022 12:43 PM

Back in Macomb, Illinois. Husband, retired fireman & concrete finisher. I was Dietitian & Counselor. Raised our 2 boys here, one still here, other in NC. 4-gkids, 7 g~gkids, 2 dogs.

Dec 29, 2022 12:55 PM

I'm pushing 70, have two boys and two girls and nine grandbabies. As far as animals go, I think it would be easier to name the ones I don't have. Haha My 3 Aussies are my favorite babies. my husband runs 2 Dollar General stores and I had to go into a forced retirement due to a car crash. I used to run a motel and do the CPA work on 10 other ones. I also coached gymnastics on certain days and the weekends. Now I'm a homemaker and craft freaks. I also like to build things with wood. In fact I built a fort for the grandkids above the swing set a few years ago. It's fun to start with nothing and end up with something beautiful or amazing. That's why crocheting is so much fun for me.

Dec 29, 2022 01:20 PM

Awesome!!!