Start new topic Forum Latest digest Sign in Create account
Search
CrochetMenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksOther clothingWomenScarvesHatsGlovesShawls and cover upSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersBagsOther clothingChildrenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersOther clothingHomeBlankets and plaidsRugsHome decorationsPetsSchemesKnittingOther hand-madeChat

Favorite crochet tools

Dec 08, 2022 01:21 PM

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a new set of crochet hooks and I'm absolutely loving them! They're so smooth and make crocheting so much easier. I've also been using a yarn cutter pendant and it's been a game-changer. What are your favorite tools for crochet projects?

Best, Lyla

4 comments
Dec 08, 2022 10:52 PM

May I ask what the name of the hooks you purchased?  I'm interested in obtaining a new set.  Thank you in advance for your help.  Happy holidays 

+1
Dec 09, 2022 12:21 AM

Hi, Suzanne… Most of my crochet hooks & even my knitting needles are 50+ years old, few were even my grandmothers'( x3 g~ma's)...lol.  

My best ones, or at least the ones I use most are C, E. G,  & H ...they are BOYE's. My cheap very tiny steel unknown-brand ones for lace, always, rusted over time.

Though I have tried newer inexpensive sets, they just don't have the slide or shape...lol. Some of my friends like the wider FURL's hooks.  

I'd ask some other younger & modern Crafters  here, Dearheart. I have small hands and love tiny stuff. Others prefer the ergonomically designed hooks.  

Take assorted sizes of scraps of yarns and test your hands at the yarn shoppers to see what you are most comfortable using. Their cost may be more, but the shoppe owners usually have opened packages for customers to test with. (You can later purchase elsewhere if cost is issue.) I've bought very inexpensive ones for kids, as they seem to disappear 🥴..?!?

Good luck… Hint to Santa...have fun, no matter which you get. Happy Holidays to you and yours.🤗🧶❤🪄✂️☃️🎄🧣🧤🧸

Dec 09, 2022 10:49 PM

Thanks Donna Marie for the suggestion of Boyes hooks.  I also prefer smaller hooks.  I have a Santa who's been asking for tips.  I may end up with hooks in my stocking. 

Dec 10, 2022 03:27 AM

Crossing fingers & toes...lol 🤗🤞💚❤💚🧶✂️🎄🎄