Start new topic Forum Latest digest Sign in Create account
Search
CrochetMenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksOther clothingWomenScarvesHatsGlovesShawls and cover upSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersBagsOther clothingChildrenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersOther clothingHomeBlankets and plaidsRugsHome decorationsPetsSchemesKnittingOther hand-madeChat

What do y'all do?

Nov 25, 2022 03:23 PM

Hi everyone,

I recently finished my big blanket project, and now i feel a bittersweet sense of completion. On one hand, im thrilled that it's done and i am super proud of it, but on the other hand, I can't think of what to do next. How do y'all deal with this?

Thanks

4 comments
Nov 26, 2022 09:50 PM

I like to get on YouTube and find a new stitch.  I decide on the yarn and begin to get excited about the new project.  Sometimes I look for people who are often forgotten to give a throw, hat or scarf to.  Like the postman/ pastor/ instructor or someone who volunteers time at a food pantry.  That provides a purpose when you have some one in mind.  Good luck and happy holidays. 

Nov 27, 2022 10:39 AM

I start lots of different projects to see which one I want to tackle. Blankets, market bags (I just went through a phase and made about a half dozen bags.) Scarfs, shawls, etc. 

Nov 27, 2022 09:45 PM

Thats for the suggestions!!!

Nov 29, 2022 02:10 PM

After a big somethin' somethin', I do little things, especially now with Christmas racing toward us! I have assorted family & friends. With winter chasing Christmas, my bunch can always use hats & scarves. There's wonderful patterns here and if you have yarn left from your blanket, you're all set.  

Some of our older neighbors & in-laws  love those handmade cookies & candies, I add a set of kitchen towels that I have split &  crocheted the  tops. This year some will get cup huggers and mugs. Tie some spoons on the package for fun.  Barely takes an evening!🧶🪄✂️🧣🧤❣