Start new topic Forum Latest digest Sign in Create account
Search
CrochetMenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksOther clothingWomenScarvesHatsGlovesShawls and cover upSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersBagsOther clothingChildrenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersOther clothingHomeBlankets and plaidsRugsHome decorationsPetsSchemesKnittingOther hand-madeChat

Be a Secret Santa in Your Town

Nov 23, 2022 12:10 PM

There is a window box in front of one of our town's churches, made from the original message window, only now it is deeper & has narrow shelves. 

People put individual size snacks & foods that don't require cooking. The church also keeps it stocked.  The items are for any person who needs them. 

Each hat, scarf, ear-warmer & fingerless pair of gloves that we have put there over past couple of months has been taken❣❣❣

It's awesome fun ... kinda like being a Secret Santa.🤗💌🧣🧶🧤

7 comments
Nov 23, 2022 11:30 PM

This is so sweet Donna!

Nov 24, 2022 12:17 AM

Lyla, Thank you❣ See if there is a place in your area where little, but necessary things can be left for the homeless or needy hearts.  I was born in NYC, 1947… For my first two years of life,, my father provided us a cardboard house under the bridge at Rockaway( ??) For most of my parents' lives they were homeless. Long~long story shortened:  I found them in 1983, struggling to survive in Louisiana… besides my two sons, they were my greatest gift.

No matter how little we may think we have, there is always some who have less. We must be Santa all year long❣🧶🧣🧤💌🤗🦄

Nov 24, 2022 12:26 AM

I cannot comprehend what some survive. 🧶🧣🧤

Nov 24, 2022 01:14 AM

That's an excellent idea and a perfect way to give to others while you enjoy your crocheting or knitting craft.  I fully support 'giving' in any way we can.  I wish our churches in town had something like that.  I'll be suggesting it.  Thanks for sharing. 

+1
Nov 24, 2022 02:19 AM

About the widest(deepest) shelf is ae to fit a kleenex box or saltiness cracker box...maybe 4-5"  and the length can be the signs size. My adopted Dad built good siized windowed signs for his churches.  

Churches used to put lettered messages to tempt/invite newcomers, besides telling times of services, etc.  My favorite:

Nov 28, 2022 11:10 PM

I love this idea

+1
Dec 02, 2022 07:10 PM

How kind!