Start new topic Forum Latest digest Sign in Create account
Search
CrochetMenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksOther clothingWomenScarvesHatsGlovesShawls and cover upSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersBagsOther clothingChildrenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersOther clothingHomeBlankets and plaidsRugsHome decorationsPetsSchemesKnittingOther hand-madeChat

Colors

Oct 21, 2022 01:57 PM

Hey y'all

I've recently found that the colors I choose for my projects turn out very weird. What I mean is, I can't seem to pick the right shade or hue, it always seems a little off. Maybe it's because of my perfectionism, or maybe I'm doing something wrong. How to you all pick colors?

Thanks,

6 comments
Suzanne
Oct 22, 2022 08:55 PM

I use whites and creams to buffer the colors however I found a trick that I do prior to starting a project.  Whites and creams can be different so I take my basket of whites or creams to the window in the morning or afternoon and make sure they are very close.  Prior to this when a project was done I'd notice my whites were a little different and it would make me nuts.  Now I don't have that issue.  Hope this helps. 

Oct 23, 2022 08:25 PM

I agree with Suzanne, i do this too

Oct 24, 2022 10:25 AM

Thanks so much!!!

Nov 06, 2022 11:25 PM

I typically just wing it, I don't really put much thought into specific shades and hues of colors. Just be proud of your work!

Nov 08, 2022 11:35 AM

Thanks for the support guys!!

Nov 10, 2022 11:50 PM

Just have fun with it!!