Start new topic Forum Latest digest Sign in Create account
Search
CrochetMenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksOther clothingWomenScarvesHatsGlovesShawls and cover upSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersBagsOther clothingChildrenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersOther clothingHomeBlankets and plaidsRugsHome decorationsPetsSchemesKnittingOther hand-madeChat

Making mistakes

Oct 21, 2022 01:55 PM

Hey everyone, 

I've noticed recently I've made a lot of mistakes in my crochet. I annoys me and it seems as though there isn't anything I can do. I find myself messing up stitches, skipping steps, and even doing the wrong thing! Has this happened to any of you before?

Let me know!

5 comments
Oct 22, 2022 07:30 PM

It happens, just relax and take a break.

Suzanne
Oct 22, 2022 09:04 PM

Lyla, I know we all want our projects to be perfect but I was told this story; in India the weavers got so good at their craft, the carpets were perfect.  They began to notice unkind thoughts about others were entering their minds.  They decided to place an intentional mistake in each carpet thus keeping them humble.  Everytime I notice a mistake I try to remember this story.  I'm sure your projects are beautiful.  Don't be hard on yourself. 

Oct 24, 2022 08:15 AM

I really appreciate your kind words and insightful help!!! Bless you Suzanne

Oct 27, 2022 07:32 AM

Every single day in every project… lol 😆 🤣 😂  I think that's why I love crocheting… I can pull it out over and over! In the end, I can hear the tutor saying each stitch… go back to your last working stitch… now yarn over, next stitch, yarn over, next stitch, yarn over… now pull thru all four loops...🧶🪄🪅✂️🤭😴

Oct 27, 2022 07:35 AM