Start new topic Forum Latest digest Sign in Create account
Search
CrochetMenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksOther clothingWomenScarvesHatsGlovesShawls and cover upSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersBagsOther clothingChildrenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersOther clothingHomeBlankets and plaidsRugsHome decorationsPetsSchemesKnittingOther hand-madeChat

Fall Hat

Oct 15, 2022 03:02 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a fall hat to wear this season. Something that isn't too warm, but at the same time, will keep me warm when it gets chilly in November. Also, I'd like some thing that isn't too hard to make as I have been very busy these days. Let me know if there are any interesting patterns that you guys can share

Thanks!

6 comments
Oct 15, 2022 09:50 PM

You should try the one from yesterday's digest!

Oct 17, 2022 09:44 AM

I've been trying assorted yarns and stitches and adding them to a crocheted ribbing of head size needed. For kids, I do about 7 st to a length of 18-20 inches. For the adults, I do 10-12 st and about 21-23 inches. Then I join the piece and decide on pattern stitch. The shell stitches are light, but warm. One done in popcorn stitch became a slouch style. One done in dragon tears stitch is heavier and very warm. 

I do one each evening. Pick up stash and once the ribbing rim is done, you can add almost any pattern in the round. When I get to within an inch or so of the top, I decrease with each row and tie off.

Enjoy Autumn with any of the stitches in this giant library here! 

Oct 17, 2022 07:25 PM

These are lovely!!!!!

Oct 17, 2022 07:28 PM

Thank you❣❣ Hope it gave you some burst of ideas for your hat for this autumn.  D'

Oct 21, 2022 08:55 PM

Wow!!!!

Oct 21, 2022 08:56 PM

Thanks❣  Happy Autumn..🍁🧶🌻🎃🍂

+1