Start new topic Forum Latest digest Sign in Create account
Search
CrochetMenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksOther clothingWomenScarvesHatsGlovesShawls and cover upSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersBagsOther clothingChildrenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersOther clothingHomeBlankets and plaidsRugsHome decorationsPetsSchemesKnittingOther hand-madeChat

Anything new?

Oct 10, 2022 12:42 PM

What's up y'all?,

As someone who's been crocheting for a long time, I find it hard to do things that are new. I've made everything from bags, figurines, shirts, cardigans, ponchos, you name it-I've done it. That's why I want to ask all of you guys if there's absolutely anything you guys could suggest that's out of the ordinary for me to make. Let me know!

Thanks,

2 comments
Oct 11, 2022 07:16 AM

Hi, Lyla… I've seen so many neat changes in crochet patterns lately. So, this tiptoe-ing Nana decided to try those dragon scales aka crocodile tears! The stitch looks scary. But it is a real fooler! It's only single and double crochet stitches! The trick is how you turn your work...lol. 

Here's my granddaughter's latest cap in her pick of yarn. We were drying it to block… lol… pins are now removed ! 

P.S. We only torture our braiding hair

head. Enjoy 😉 

Suzanne
Oct 11, 2022 09:14 PM

One thing I do which helps keep me excited to get into a new project.  I give throws to the oncologist dept, dialysis dept.  Neonatal hats for the nursery at 4he hospital.  I do throws, mug rugs, book markers, bags etc to assisted living facilities.  They use these items for bingo gifts.  I also do Twiddling cuffs for dementia and Alzheimer's patients.  They are welcomed at all facilities.  Look up on utube.  Fun to do and easy.  Good luck