Start new topic Forum Latest digest Sign in Create account
Search
CrochetMenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksOther clothingWomenScarvesHatsGlovesShawls and cover upSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersBagsOther clothingChildrenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersOther clothingHomeBlankets and plaidsRugsHome decorationsPetsSchemesKnittingOther hand-madeChat

Help with organization

Oct 08, 2022 05:25 AM

Hi everyone,

I never had this problem before, when I crochet, my yarn and my crochet needles always get tangled. This never happened to me before as I never really thought about organization. Now as I start doing bigger project I noticed this is a problem as I use a large amount of yarn. Are there any techniques to help solve this let me know.

Thanks

4 comments
Oct 10, 2022 05:20 PM

I'm not quite sure. I've never had this problem, the organization just comes naturally. Maybe try and focus on the yarn and crochet slowly?

Oct 13, 2022 07:45 PM

I agree with Matilda, start slower and then speed up.

Nov 29, 2022 02:27 PM

I buy a box of baggies, no zippers, the yarn I'm using is in separate bags with a strand of yarn coming thru the loosely tied bag.  As I crochet or knit, my yarn turns in the bag & nothing tangles with it, even when changing colors .  My needles & hooks sit in an old mug til I'm done with them. My stitch markers I keep handy on end table near my sitting spot and until some body comes near me. All my project yarn, etc is hidden in carry bag at my end of couch between me and the end table. Quick clean-up to closet if needed… lol. My small projects get put into baggies, too. My bigger ones go into the saved zipper bags from older purchases of bedspreads, etc.  

Good luck, Dearheart  & Hope these ideas help… d'❣🧤🧣✂️🧶🪄

Dec 02, 2022 06:00 PM

Thanks for the advice everyone!!