Start new topic Forum Latest digest Sign in Create account
Search
CrochetMenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksOther clothingWomenScarvesHatsGlovesShawls and cover upSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersBagsOther clothingChildrenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersOther clothingHomeBlankets and plaidsRugsHome decorationsPetsSchemesKnittingOther hand-madeChat

FREE????

Oct 07, 2022 08:20 AM

I find working with this page impossible. When the pattern says "free" then shouldn't we be able to print the whole pattern without 

having to click onto Esty or Ravelry and pay for the pattern? 

4 comments
Oct 07, 2022 02:27 PM

Hi, JoAnne… I find the same frustration. Sometimes my way around it is to save the pattern as shown on here and print it from here. I am not good at the drawn diagrams and prefer to be able to mark the written lines of any pattern as I do a project. I often save a few projects given here on here, then print them off from the computer. I do end up with small ads, but at least it gives me a printed copy. I also do a screenshot of a small pattern to print or read later.

The other thing I do, if saving on my phone, is to save it to a filename.pdf. that I can see on my phone and/or tablet. 

Good luck, Dearheart… I'm sure there are others with same frustration. I save and print same way, when I find great  recipes, too. One day, my poor family will go thru all my stuff and probably groan at all my files… lol 😆 

Dont give up on the crafting, it keeps our minds and hearts clicking!  

Happy Autumn 🍂 ☺ 🧶✂️🪄 💛 d'

Oct 07, 2022 07:48 PM

I just copy the article and paste it into a Word document. If I want to adjust it to make it easier to read, I do that inside the Word document. Have no problems after that to be able to read.

+1
Oct 07, 2022 09:03 PM

Oops, I forget about Word.  Thanks for the reminder!!! Happy Autumn  🍂☺

Oct 08, 2022 12:25 PM

It happens. Sometime sites like ravelry get greedy.