Start new topic Forum Latest digest Sign in Create account
Search
CrochetMenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksOther clothingWomenScarvesHatsGlovesShawls and cover upSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersBagsOther clothingChildrenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersOther clothingHomeBlankets and plaidsRugsHome decorationsPetsSchemesKnittingOther hand-madeChat

help with technique

Oct 02, 2022 02:51 PM

hi everyone,

i noticed something strange with me recently. I stopped crafting for a about a week due to family issues. just yesterday, i tried again and it's like i've never crocheted before. Has this happened to anyone before? I think it's got something to do with my muscle memory, but i've been crochetting for so long!!!!

please help!

7 comments
Oct 02, 2022 09:10 PM

Sometimes this happens to me. What i like to do is pretend im learning for the first time and take things slow. I usually get the hang of it again after 10 minutes. 

Suzanne
Oct 03, 2022 08:52 PM

Yes, that has happened to me as well.  I retried some simple stitches and before I knew it I was getting into the groove of it.  Sometimes other issues, such as family can interfere with your mind.  I've found I am worrying without realizing it.  Keep at it.  The enjoyment of crochet will happen.  Good luck

Oct 05, 2022 09:25 AM

Thanks so much suzanne!!

Oct 05, 2022 10:55 AM

Thanks Olivia!

Oct 10, 2022 01:55 PM

I agree with Suzanna, just pretend you've never crocheted before, and you'll get the hang of it!

Oct 13, 2022 07:25 PM

Ah yes, you're just a little rusty, do some stitch practice for a bit an you'll be fine!

Oct 13, 2022 09:00 PM

I agree, you've just lost the groove of it.