Start new topic Forum Latest digest Sign in Create account
Search
CrochetMenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksOther clothingWomenScarvesHatsGlovesShawls and cover upSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersBagsOther clothingChildrenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersOther clothingHomeBlankets and plaidsRugsHome decorationsPetsSchemesKnittingOther hand-madeChat

Help me find crochet again!

Oct 01, 2022 07:33 AM

hey guys,

I've been crocheting for a while now, but recently i've had a lot of trouble finding things to make. I often find myself not having time or energy to crochet, because I know i'm not making anything new. It's like im losing my passion. I used to drop everything and rush home to finish my projects, now i crochet when i'm bored.

Help me out guys

7 comments
Jana
Oct 02, 2022 09:28 AM

Have you checked out pinterest? I have so many ideas of things to make. Right now, I am working on a minecraft blanket for my grandson. The creator even designed a personal name banner pattern for me. ($28) the rest of the pattern is free. 

I plan to do a cat one next using the graphgans pattern again using pictures because I just can't find exactly what I want. 

I found a picture of the croods cat. Unfortunately no pattern so the challenge is create it from looking at the pictures. The link was on pinterest & sent me to deviant art. I'm almost done with the head. I made the titanic the same way just from a photo. Sadly, this cat has no side views so I'm making most of it up as I go. 

I just finished a skull scarf for my oldest daughter. This I saw as a pattern for pants on YouTube. 

I've made a car (lightening McQueen) from a pattern that was translated from Russian I think then into Spanish & finally English. Now if that wasn't fun. So don't limit yourself just to your own language. 

I am not extremely talented as a crocheter so you may have done all this stuff already. 

Hope that helps. Try things you have never done b4. I rently saw some posts that have felting combined with crochet. 

Good luck, what do they say happy hooking 😂 

+1
Oct 02, 2022 07:20 PM

thanks so much for your thoughtful comment!!!!

Oct 03, 2022 07:35 PM

I think you should go back to the basics. Sometimes doing an easy project really helps me get my groove back

Oct 05, 2022 08:45 AM

This is an interesting take. I was thinking about this too.

Oct 05, 2022 11:10 AM

I would ask some family members if they wish for anything. Maybe a cousin or niece etc would want a new shirt or bag. It feels good make something for your family

Oct 06, 2022 03:47 AM

Lyla,  Sometimes my brain sets aside things. Lately, my 10 yr. old granddaughter has been doing you-tube on our TV after school(we babysit...lol), which has gotten my brain wanting to do things.

I'm amazed at all the videos on crocheting and how much has changed. I don't do the you-tube with cost$, I simply check out the searches for what comes under crochet.  

Tho' I've crocheted about 65 years, I find really cool patterns and tutorials. I hope you will check it out, too. There's simple and complex, foreign and domestic, silly and serious. Even if you cannot speak foreign languages, often the directions are so well displayed by the instructors handwork, that one can follow along...PLUS, you can pause to give yourself time to figure out a stitch or REPEAT it a few times, if needed (Like me. .lol) 🧶✂️🤗🥰

Oct 06, 2022 06:45 PM

you for this thoughtful and helpful comment!!!

+1