Start new topic Forum Latest digest Sign in Create account
Search
CrochetMenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksOther clothingWomenScarvesHatsGlovesShawls and cover upSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersBagsOther clothingChildrenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersOther clothingHomeBlankets and plaidsRugsHome decorationsPetsSchemesKnittingOther hand-madeChat

Crochet Needles!!

Sep 22, 2022 12:52 PM

Hey y'all!

I've been a little unmotivated recently, and that's because a week ago my favorite crochet needles snapped! This is the second time it's happened with these needles, as I keep buying the same ones. I need a recommendation for some needles that can last me at least a few months. I cant keep buying needles!!!

Thanks, 

Lyla!

4 comments
Suzanne
Sep 22, 2022 08:59 PM

I always buy Boye, the stainless steel hooks.  I found the plastic hooks that can be purchased at Dollar Tree are good but run your finger along the hook.  Some of them are ridged and get caught on yarn.  I've purchase aluminum hooks but the bend to easily.  I now have a full set of Boye hooks.  Hoping this helps.  Good luck getting your mojo back. 

Sep 23, 2022 07:29 AM

I use Susan Bates crochet hooks.  They are an inline hook that is aluminum with bamboo handles.  I have had them for years and they are inexpensive and crocheting with them is such a pleasure as they make the stitches so pretty and uniform.  I use no other type of hooks.  Now I just got done ordering the New Susan Bates Twist & Lock Deluxe Kit from Yarnspirations.com and I just can't wait to get them.  I have carpal tunnel syndrome and have had surgery on my hands, so they are very picky on which ergonomic crochet hooks that I use, and Susan Bates are the best one's for me.

Sep 23, 2022 06:55 PM

Thanks so much Suzanne!!!

Sep 23, 2022 07:15 PM

Yes! I've heard of these. I'll have to compare my options!