Start new topic Forum Latest digest Sign in Create account
Search
CrochetMenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksOther clothingWomenScarvesHatsGlovesShawls and cover upSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersBagsOther clothingChildrenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersOther clothingHomeBlankets and plaidsRugsHome decorationsPetsSchemesKnittingOther hand-madeChat

Yarn!!!

Sep 20, 2022 10:31 AM

Hi all!

I'd like to ask a really knowledgeable crocheter here a question: What kind of yarn do you work with? I've been purchasing this basic yarn from Michael's, but it has a cheap feel to it and rips quickly. I'd prefer something softer and more durable, as well as something that doesn't get filthy easily. I'd also like something reasonably priced, given that I don't make much money:((.
Thank you very much!!
6 comments
Sep 21, 2022 07:24 AM

I'm a budget shopper myself. Joann's fabric carries a good selection of quality yarns and they have great sales and coupons. Hobby Lobby might just be regional but they ship everywhere and you can order online. Their Yarn Bee line is very nice and inexpensive. 

Sep 21, 2022 03:25 PM

Thanks so much Tara! i'll be sure to check it out

Sep 21, 2022 04:40 PM

Hey Matilda check out the ones from Yarnspirations, they have very nice yarn at decent prices

Sep 22, 2022 06:53 AM

I use Hobbii yarn.  They have great sales and the quality is amazing.  Yes, you have to have it shipped, but I've never had a problem with that.  I've also found their customer service to be top notch.  I once received an order and 4 of the skeins had some kind of grease on them.  I received replacements very few questions asked, they just sent it.  They have expensive yarn, to be sure.  Their sales, however, are amazing.  Amazing value.  Highly recommend!

Sep 22, 2022 07:45 PM

Thank you Paula!!! I've heard about these before, and I think you've convinced me. I really have a problem with shipping things out as I always get my address wrong, but I'm sure i can figure it out!

Sep 25, 2022 05:00 PM

My wife buys the same brand from dollar tree. Im guessing its cheap, and I personally like it a lot. Its got big red letters as the logo.