Start new topic Forum Latest digest Sign in Create account
Search
CrochetMenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksOther clothingWomenScarvesHatsGlovesShawls and cover upSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersBagsOther clothingChildrenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersOther clothingHomeBlankets and plaidsRugsHome decorationsPetsSchemesKnittingOther hand-madeChat

Crochet Pencil Holder

Feb 23, 2022 08:35 PM

As you asked for the pattern of my crochet pencil holder, here it is.

You’ll need:

Any yarn (I don’t remember which yarn odds do I use);

Crochet hook 5 mm.

Instructions

Round 1: Make a magic loop and crochet 10 SC around the loop. Place a stitch marker in the first SC of the round. Since we will be working in a continuous round, it is important that we use the marker to identify the first SC of each round.

Round 2: Do not join. You will work into the first SC of the first round. Work two SC in each SC around. (20 SC total)

Round 3: Work 2 SC in the first SC space then 1 SC in the next space. Continue repeating until you reach the first SC of the previous round. (30 SC total)

Round 4: Work 2 SC in the first SC space then 1 SC in the next 2 spaces. Continue repeating until you reach the first SC of the previous round. (40 SC total)

The diameter should be about 3-3.5 inches

Continue working 1 SC for each space for 20 additional rounds.

The first 2-3 rounds should be done with plastic cable to achieve a more sturdy base.

The last 2 rounds should be completed with the same method.

Apple Applique 

Round 1: Make a magic loop and crochet 10 SC around the loop. Place a stitch marker in the first SC of the round. Since we will be working in a continuous round, it is important that we use the marker to identify the first SC of each round.

Round 2: Do not join. You will work into the first SC of the first round. Work two SC in each SC around. (20 SC total)

Round 3: Work 2 SC in the first SC space then 1 SC in the next space. Continue repeating until you reach the first SC of the previous round. (30 SC total)

Join green yarn with a sl st or tie a knot.

CH 5.

HDC in the 2nd CH from hook then HDC in the rest of the CHs.

SL ST into the first SC of the previous round

3 comments
EDNA NEWKIRK
Feb 24, 2022 07:54 AM

Many thanks!  I will start on the pencil holder today.

Feb 24, 2022 09:33 AM

What is plastic cable? Where can I get it? Could I substitute pipe cleaners?

Feb 24, 2022 01:46 PM

Cute pattern my daughter is a Teacher so I think I'll try making this for her. Desk. Thank you for sharing. Take Care Happy Crocheting