Start new topic Forum Latest digest Sign in Create account
Search
CrochetMenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksOther clothingWomenScarvesHatsGlovesShawls and cover upSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersBagsOther clothingChildrenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersOther clothingHomeBlankets and plaidsRugsHome decorationsPetsSchemesKnittingOther hand-madeChat

Do you use pan handle covers?

Feb 11, 2022 12:42 AM

Hello, crafters!

Do you use pan handle covers?

What do you think does it really help or just a decoration?

4 comments
Feb 11, 2022 08:01 AM

Orla,  

I have used them in the past. I actually liked them. If I was going to knit them I would do them in wool. I'd make a good size swatch and wash and dry it in hot water and high heat. That blocks the heat. I say if you do that by doing the swatch and using hot water and heat. Measure your swatch first then remeasure to see how much shrinkage you get. I was told making them «boiled wool» that makes them fire retardant, and some firefighters use them.

I can't use wool due to it makes me itch and I break out.

Good luck,

Dawn

Ola
Feb 11, 2022 09:21 AM

I made mine years ago. My husband made fun of them until he saw what they were for. I use mine on my cast iron skillet handles. I used double yarn so they are well insulated. They work really well. 

Patti
Feb 11, 2022 09:23 AM

I am looking for a crochet pattern for these already. My daughter saw them and wants some for when she gets her apartment.

Feb 12, 2022 01:26 AM

Thank you for sharing your stories!

I just made it «as it goes», don't know how to describe it as a pattern