Start new topic Forum Latest digest Sign in Create account
Search
CrochetMenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksOther clothingWomenScarvesHatsGlovesShawls and cover upSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersBagsOther clothingChildrenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersOther clothingHomeBlankets and plaidsRugsHome decorationsPetsSchemesKnittingOther hand-madeChat

Headbands - yes or no

Feb 06, 2022 01:13 AM

Hello, ladies!

Do you wear head-bands?

What do you think of this accessory?

I decided to make my first headband quite wide

14 comments
Terry
Feb 06, 2022 10:09 AM

Nice job!!! Where did you get your pattern?

Feb 06, 2022 10:17 AM

Really nice! Would love to make some for our Christmas Faire if you would please share the pattern.

Laura M Moen
Feb 06, 2022 10:22 AM

I have a variety of headbands, perfect for winter.  I love your pattern!  And how can I get patterns for headband styles?

Feb 06, 2022 11:27 AM

I love headbands, especially wide ones

Feb 06, 2022 12:21 PM

its beautiful!!! would you Please share the pattern?

Feb 06, 2022 01:03 PM

Worsted weight Yarn- aprox 6 ounces needed. Brand used here: Red Heart Super Jumbo Saver, color Grey Heather, Walmart

Crochet hooks size G, I and E
Yarn needle

Work stitches fairly loosely for headband.

Headband (hook I)
Ch14

Row1: Slip stitch in 2nd ch from hook. (hdc in next ch, sl st in next ch) repeat to end. Turn.

Row 2: Ch1, sl st in 2nd st from hook. (hdc in next st, sl st in next st), repeat to end. Turn.
End with slip stitch at end of ea row.

Repeat Row 2 until headband measures 18”. Adjust length as needed.

Turn work right sides together. Use your preferred method to join the two ends.

Feb 07, 2022 10:13 AM

very nice. 
i like to make one for my daughter if you share where you got its pattern ?!

Feb 07, 2022 12:10 PM

Love it, but your pattern doesn't include the design???

Feb 07, 2022 02:46 PM

I like it..especially when it's nice and wide and covers the ears good...would like that pattern

P

P

Maddy
Feb 07, 2022 09:19 PM

I do wear them and I really like yours. I think it being wide would help to keep it from slipping. Love to have your pattern. Thanks, Maddy

Feb 07, 2022 11:05 PM

That is very pretty.  I have knitted headbands as I do not crochet.  However, I live where it gets really cold and is very windy.  Even if the headband is tightly knit the wind still blows through.  To protect my ears, I lined it with a scrap of fleece and it made a world of difference.

Feb 08, 2022 09:04 AM

Thank you all for the the warm words and your experience!

Nov 18, 2022 08:33 AM

We love headbands🧣I use up my scraps crocheting  headbands. Seems like all the girls love them around here. 

Whenever I see  a pretty edging, I test out the stitch on a headband or earwarmer. Ponytails are here to stay and those headbands are so pretty  😍 💕. 🧶🪄🤗

Nov 18, 2022 08:45 AM

Here's a few of mine from seeing different items online, no particular patterns used.  It helps me practice a stitch for later use. I measure one's head & do length & width according to preferences. Enjoy 😉 🧶🪄🧣❣