Start new topic Forum Latest digest Sign in Create account
Search
CrochetMenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksOther clothingWomenScarvesHatsGlovesShawls and cover upSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersBagsOther clothingChildrenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersOther clothingHomeBlankets and plaidsRugsHome decorationsPetsSchemesKnittingOther hand-madeChat

New here

Nov 26, 2021 09:34 AM

Ive been crocheting since 2003 . i have been having trouble getting my attention back on it like i should . new friends might help 

4 comments
Nov 26, 2021 12:41 PM

Hi Annie. So sorry you're having a lag in your crochet passion. No worries.  You could try something totally different from your usual designs.  I keep my crochet ambitions alive by having a variety of yarns in my collection with different types of textures and degrees of softness that make it a joy to my fingers as I work thru my stitches.  Also when I am bored I will try different techniques to make up my own designer fiber fashion items or maybe a challenging pattern that looks cool. I don't have any small children but every once in awhile I will make a baby dress or booties. Then I sell them which is nice. 

I also keep wips mobile and I take them with me everywhere I go. When I pull it out to work on it in a waiting room for instance it makes a great conversation starter.

Another piece of advice is to make something simple and small. Like a cap or fingerless gloves are fun.

All in all I find myself crocheting to relieve stress and worry. It's hard to dwell on worry when I'm counting stitches.  Plus it seems to help me problem solve real well. 

I hope you find your inspiration and some good friends here and have a Blessed day 

Nov 27, 2021 12:07 AM

Hello, Annie!

Welcome to Craftorator!

I'm sure you can find a lot of friends and interesting patterns here to make

Nov 27, 2021 08:47 AM (edited)

Hi Annie,

I would suggest doing a piece that really interests you. ie a waistcoat/jumper/cardigan for yourself

Obviously in your favourite colour, it is something to look forward to. OR something for a member of family as a special gift.

I must say that I make Faberge style egg, make clothes for myself or generally potter in my craft room, but whichever craft I am doing, I need to get it finished as I want to get on with another project.  So I have a dilemma WHAT do I do next.  lol

Angie

Lucille C Fennimore
Nov 27, 2021 08:07 PM

I have kind of forced myself to get interested.   used to crochet all the time, but now with fibromyalgia and the arthritis I am willing to just sit?  Not good!  Get back to it!!  And show me some stuff you are doing.

Lucille