Start new topic Forum Latest digest Sign in Create account
Search
CrochetMenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksOther clothingWomenScarvesHatsGlovesShawls and cover upSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersBagsOther clothingChildrenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersOther clothingHomeBlankets and plaidsRugsHome decorationsPetsSchemesKnittingOther hand-madeChat

Sheila Talakoub

Oct 28, 2021 02:19 PM

Hi Im Sheila Talakoub And am legally blind but have been crocheting at a beginner level for a long tine now and would like to go farther with it !

6 comments
Oct 28, 2021 06:47 PM (edited)

Hi Sheila

😃

I've been crocheting on and off for about 10 years, but got more serious last winter.  I'd say I'm still at beginner level.  I have such a hard time getting even tension.  My stitches are all over the place, lol. I have no advice but wish you luck in upping your game!

Oct 29, 2021 03:07 AM

Hello, Sheila! Welcome to Cratorator!

Oct 29, 2021 02:09 PM

thanks ,I'm trying to decide what to make next

Oct 29, 2021 02:12 PM

thanks I know what you meant about the tension .When The weather changes, that when I have the most trouble! have fun and don't sweet the small stuff !

Oct 29, 2021 07:30 PM

Hello Sheila.   Hang in there and never give up.  My grandmother was almost totally blind yet she still crochet.   It amazed me because she never loo,looked, at her hands.  Her work was beautiful. She crochet a lot of edging for pillow cases and sheets with #10 thread.

Oct 29, 2021 08:28 PM

WOW! that is great !Don't know that I could Tat pillow edging any more ,I use to do that in my 20s& 30s but now that I'm 66 well I got nor irons in the fire now! Hahahaha~   Thanks for the note !

SHeila ~