Start new topic Forum Latest digest Sign in Create account
Search
CrochetMenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksOther clothingWomenScarvesHatsGlovesShawls and cover upSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersBagsOther clothingChildrenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersOther clothingHomeBlankets and plaidsRugsHome decorationsPetsSchemesKnittingOther hand-madeChat

Hi everyone!

Oct 22, 2021 08:28 AM

I'm an avid crocheter who's been crocheting for over 34 years. I don't consider myself experienced. I'm always trying new techniques & projects. I've been doing a lot of Amigurumi & selling them a lot faster than the my other traditional items. My eyesight isn't as good as it once was so I can't see graphs or charts, I need line by line instructions. I also loom knit(still a newbie! I only know one stitch! Lol!), sew, soft sculpture (taught a class while in S Korea), write, sing(in a group back in the 80's...but who wasn't?), paint & upcycle! I'm a hermit basically. Have social anxiety. Fell down a mountain & messed up my right ankle so I'm disabled too. I've always been sarcastic, opinionated, gregarious and tenacious so there's that. 😏. I live with my dog, Goober Von Scruffleupagaus aka the beast. I have 3 adult daughters & 2 teen grandsons. I'm originally from Florida but now I'm stuck in a very small rural town in sl-Ohio. I've been single since 1994 & have found it much easier, less stressful & more peaceful than trying to be someone I'm not. I'm an aesthetic hetro-asexual & currently working on trying to get asexuality more visible. I'm not easily offended nor am I anything close to politically correct. I honestly try not hurt anyone's feelings & I do respect pronouns & such if I'm made aware of their preferences. I also happen to be a Taurus...my picture is right next to the definition! 🤣! I'm always open to a friendship & I'm a safe place too. However, if you ASK for my opinion ...buckle up buttercup...I will tell you...bluntly...no sugar coating. My bestie got me this(see photo)on a tshirt after my first craft fair...she said that it was best if they were warned before they decide to argue or insult my art!🤣! She passed away 2yrs ago. 😞. Well, that's it for me...gotta get back to hook'n! This stupid thing ain't gonna finish it itself! Ttyl! 😁!

2 comments
Oct 22, 2021 08:36 AM

Rock on with your bad self! 

Oct 23, 2021 12:09 AM

Hello! Welcome to Craftorator!

Thanks so much for you story, hope, that you will find a lot of interesting patterns here and make new friends!