Start new topic Forum Latest digest Sign in Create account
Search
CrochetMenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksOther clothingWomenScarvesHatsGlovesShawls and cover upSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersBagsOther clothingChildrenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersOther clothingHomeBlankets and plaidsRugsHome decorationsPetsSchemesKnittingOther hand-madeChat

Crochet Photo Frame

Aug 25, 2021 10:27 PM

As many  of you like my photo frames, here is the pattern for one of them:

You’ll need:

Any worsted weight yarn;

Crochet hook 4 mm or 5 mm.

4mm-5mm crochet hook (US size G/6-H/8)

Instructions

Frame Base

Wrap your yarn 8 times around a container of a similar circumference you wish for the inside of your frame (I used a coffee canister).

Note: If you are using a thinner yarn or thread, you will need to increase the number of wraps. Aim for a 1/5 to 1/4 inch thick “cord.”

Hold the 8-strand cord in your left hand so that the yarn end is pointing right, and the working end of the yarn is pointing left. Both ends should be on the backside of the cord; that is the side held by your left index finger.

Insert the hook under the cord, grab the working end of the yarn and bring it forward. Now, you have a loop on your hook, on the frontside of the cord (which is held by your thumb).

Yarn over and pull it through the loop on the hook. Tighten this slip stitch to hold all strands of the cord together. The frame base is finished.

Frame

Round 1: sc all the way around the cord – sl st to join

Note: make sure the total number of single crochets is a multiple of 6

Round 2: sc into each sc – sl st to join

Round 3: {ch 3 – skip 2, sc into the 3rd sc} all the way around – sl st to finish – weave ends in

Assembly

Pin the frame to a flat surface (I used both a piece of Styrofoam and my ironing board with equal success). Start with the base and pin it into the shape you desire – it can be blocked into a round or an oval shape. Then, pin each of the little arcs on the outside, starting at 12 and 6 o’clock, continuing to 9 and 3 o’clock, and so on, to ensure the overall shape is even and symmetrical. Spray the pinned frame with water until saturated, and let it air dry.

2 comments
Aug 26, 2021 09:10 AM

I love this.    Thanks for sharing.

Is there any way to make all the patterns pinable.  I like to use Pinterest, and it takes extra effort to save this to a document, and to my computer. 

Aug 26, 2021 09:39 PM

You can copy the text and save it in .doc file