Start new topic Forum Latest digest Sign in Create account
Search
CrochetMenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksOther clothingWomenScarvesHatsGlovesShawls and cover upSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersBagsOther clothingChildrenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersOther clothingHomeBlankets and plaidsRugsHome decorationsPetsSchemesKnittingOther hand-madeChat

Simple glasses case

Aug 18, 2021 12:00 AM

Hello everyone!

I always forget my glasses everywhere, so I decided to make simple cases for them (I have a lot of).

You’ll need:

25-30 grams of worsted weight cotton yarn, about 50 yards;

Crochet hook 4,5 mm;

Yarn needle.

Instructions

Ch. 13. Starting in second ch. from hook and working only into the back loops of the chain, sc 11, then 2 sc in last st. The pic below has the wrong number of chains, but you can see where I’ve inserted the hook through only the back loop.

Next, rotate the chain 180 degrees so you’re working around the end and into the front loops of the same stitches. Sc 11, then 2 sc in last st (26 st total)

Working around the chain creates a nice bottom edge of your case and lets us work in continuous rounds for the rest of the project.

Now sc in each st around until your case is 6.5 inches long (or whatever your desired length below the drawstring is).

For the drawstring, we’ll work one round of dc stitches. Ch. 2 (counts as first dc), then dc 25. Sl st into the ch 2, then sc 2 more rounds, ending with a sl st into the next stitch. Fasten off. Using a few yards of your yarn, make 2 braids about 14 inches long. Thread each braid in between the dc stitches so that both ends of the same braid are on the same side of the case. So the ends of one braid are on the left, and the ends of the other are on the right.

3 comments
Aug 18, 2021 12:18 PM

I think I need to make 10 of them. Ha-ha.

Aug 18, 2021 12:30 PM

Very useful thing!

Aug 18, 2021 01:14 PM

Really simple and nice case!