Start new topic Forum Latest digest Sign in Create account
Search
CrochetMenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksOther clothingWomenScarvesHatsGlovesShawls and cover upSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersBagsOther clothingChildrenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersOther clothingHomeBlankets and plaidsRugsHome decorationsPetsSchemesKnittingOther hand-madeChat

Crochet Dishcloth

Jul 23, 2021 02:35 AM

Hello!

I would like to show you my attemts to crochet. To be honest, I've made this dishcloth for 5 times to get a nice result. 

But I think, that it'll be very simple for all of you.

You’ll need:

Bernat Handicrafter Cotton DeLux in colors Olive and Purple;

Small amount of Lily Sugar n’ Cream in color Ecru for the border;

Crochet hook H;

Yarn needle.

Size: 8,5 X 8,5 inch square.

Stitches control: 16 dc sts= 4 inches

Special Stitch

V st: (1 hdc, ch 1, 1 hdc) into the same ch or st.

Instructions

Row 1: Chain 33, V st in 4th ch from hook, *(sk 2, V st in next), repeat from * across until 2 chs left, sk 1 ch, 1 hdc in last ch. turn.——–32 sts including the chains

Row 2: Ch 3(counts as dc here and throughout), *(3 dc in ch-1 space of next V st), repeat from * to last V-st, 1 dc on top of turning ch 2, turn.—— 32 dc

Row 3: Ch 2 ( counts as hdc here and throughout), sk next dc, V st in next dc *( skip next 2 dc, V st in next dc), repeat from * until 1 dc and beginning ch 3 is left, 1 hdc on top of turning ch 3, turn.———–32 sts including the chains

Repeat Rows 2 & 3 until your dishcloth is an 8-inch square. Do not fasten off.

Border

Ch 1 at corner and turn, 1 sc in same st as ch 1, *(1 sc in next 29 sts until you reach the corner, 3 sc in corner, distribute 29 sc sts along the next side of the square, 3 sc in next corner), repeat from * one more time, sl st to first sc while picking up the cream color yarn. Ch 1 with cream color, 1 sc in same st as ch 1, *( ch 1, sk 1, 1 sc in next), repeat from * until you reach the next corner, 3 sc in the corner st. Repeat from * until you work 3sc in the last corner, sl st to the first sc of the round, fasten off.

Finishing

Weave in any tails left.

2 comments
Jul 23, 2021 12:38 PM

Very good for the first crochet experience!

Jul 23, 2021 12:50 PM

Thank you for the pattern