Start new topic Forum Latest digest Sign in Create account
Search
CrochetMenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksOther clothingWomenScarvesHatsGlovesShawls and cover upSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersBagsOther clothingChildrenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersOther clothingHomeBlankets and plaidsRugsHome decorationsPetsSchemesKnittingOther hand-madeChat

Crochet Flower Coasters

Jul 20, 2021 10:45 PM

Good day!

Not so long ago, I've posted the photo of my teapot cozy and asked to help me with coasters.

Now, I want to share with you the chosen pattern of coasters.

I think both beginners and advanced crocheters can make them.

You’ll need:

2 or 3 colors of worsted/aran weight cotton yarn. For one flower you will need about 15 yards of one yarn + scraps of a contrasting color;

Crochet hook 3,5 mm;

Tapestry needle

Instructions

Flower

Round 1: Dc 10 times into magic ring. Pull tight and sl st through first dc to join.

(Optional - bind off and change color)

Round 2: Ch2 (does not count as st - make 1st dc into same space as ch 2 throughout), 2dc in each dc around. Join to first dc. (20 sts)

Round 3: Do not ch; treat the st you did sl st into on previous round as first st. * skip next st, (dc, 3trc, dc,) in one st, skip 1 st, sl st* 5 times. Sl st into 1st st. (five petals formed)

Round 4: Ch1 *hdc, 2dcs in next 3 sts, hdc, sl st* 5 times & fasten off.

Round 5: With contrasting color, join in back loop of hdc on previous row. Starting in hdc, * 2sc in each of 8 sts around petal, sl st down to st in round 2 below sl st on round 3* five times. Sl st into where you joined the yarn, bind off, weave in ends.

Blocking

When you finish, the flowers petals will curl up slightly. Steam blocking will fix this, and only takes a minute per coaster. Lay one coaster upside down on an ironing board, and cover with a clean tea towel. Spray water over the towel, then iron briefly to flatten the coaster. If you have a steam iron you can use that instead of spraying water, and if you don't have a water spray, just dampen the tea towel first.

What do you think, do they match?

6 comments
Jul 21, 2021 10:48 AM

yes I love them. But I want the tea pot cosy pattern also.

Jul 21, 2021 12:12 PM

Very lovely! And perfectly match one another!

Jul 21, 2021 12:40 PM

Thank you for the pattern!

Jul 21, 2021 02:17 PM

Wonderful set!

Jan 06, 2023 10:57 AM

These are darling

Jan 08, 2023 06:40 PM

Amazing!