Start new topic Forum Latest digest Sign in Create account
Search
CrochetMenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksOther clothingWomenScarvesHatsGlovesShawls and cover upSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersBagsOther clothingChildrenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersOther clothingHomeBlankets and plaidsRugsHome decorationsPetsSchemesKnittingOther hand-madeChat

Crochet Summer Garland

Jul 10, 2021 11:26 PM

Hello, everyone!

I was absent for quite long time, but I'm so pleased to return to Craftorator and find so many wonderful patterns!

But I also want to share my pattern with you.

Hope, that you'll like it.

You’ll need:

Small amounts of Yeoman Yarns Cannele 4ply, or similar super-fine weight mercerised cotton in each of Bright Yellow (A), White (B) and Bright Green (C);

Crochet hook 2,5 mm.

Size: the length of garland is about 234 cm.

1 flower = 7 cm in diameter.

Instructions

Flowers

Make 12.

Base ring: with A color yarn make 6 ch and join with a ss in first ch to form a ring.

1st round(RS) 1ch (does NOT count as a stitch), 12dc in ring, change to B and join with a ss in first dc at beginning of round. (12dc) Cut off A and cont with B.

2nd round (RS) 1ch, 1dc in same place as last ss, 12 ch, 1ss in dc just made, * 1dc in next dc of 1st round, 12ch, 1ss in dc just made; rep from * 10 times more, join with a ss in first dc at beginning of round. (12 petals) Fasten off.

Leaves and Garland

Foundation chain: with C color yarn, make 10 ch. Beg with the 10-ch foundation chain, cont along chain working leaves and chain alternately as follows:

1st leaf: 1dc in 2nd ch from hook, 1tr in next ch, 1dtr in next ch, 1trtr in each of next 2ch, 1dtr in next ch, 1tr in next ch, 1dc in next ch, 1ss in last ch. ** Make 37 ch.

2nd leaf: work as 1st leaf. Make 46 ch;

3rd leaf: 1dc in 2nd ch from hook, 1tr in each of next 2ch, 1dtr in each of next 2ch, 1trtr in each of next 2 ch, 1dtr in next ch, 1tr in next ch, 1 dc in next ch. Make 27 ch.

4th and 5th leaves: work as 3rd leaf. Make 11 ch, then repeat 3rd leaf again (making one leaf either side of chain) ***.

6th to 9th leaves: Rep from ** to *** once more. Make 37 ch.

10th leaf: 1dc in 2nd ch from hook, 1tr in next ch, 1dtr in next ch, 1trtr in next ch, 1dtr in next ch, 1tr in next ch, 1dc in next ch, 1ss in next ch. Make 56 ch.

11th and 12th leaves: Rep 10th leaf. Make 11 ch; 1dc in 2nd ch from hook, 1tr in next ch, 1dtr in each of next 2ch, 1trtr in next ch, 1dtr in each of next 2ch, 1tr in next ch, 1dc in next ch, 1ss in next ch ****.

13th to 19th leaves: Rep from *** to **** once. 20th to 23rd leaves Rep from ** to *** once. Make 37 ch.

24th leaf: Rep 1st leaf. Fasten off.

Assembly

Pin the flowers along the chain between the leaves, judging the spacing by eye. Using a single strand of A (or a matching sewing thread) and a sewing needle, catch stitch the back of each daisy at its centre, for approximately 1cm, to the chain. Sew in any loose yarn ends.

2 comments
Jul 11, 2021 12:09 PM

This garland looks amazing!

Jul 11, 2021 01:09 PM

Wow, very nice!