Start new topic Forum Latest digest Sign in Create account
Search
CrochetMenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksOther clothingWomenScarvesHatsGlovesShawls and cover upSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersBagsOther clothingChildrenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersOther clothingHomeBlankets and plaidsRugsHome decorationsPetsSchemesKnittingOther hand-madeChat

Star crochet

Jul 07, 2021 10:19 AM
6 comments
Jul 07, 2021 11:18 AM

Hello, Pauline!

Are you looking for the pattern for crochet stars pattern?

Jul 08, 2021 10:33 AM

hi looking for star pattern and there's no pic of it

Nov 27, 2022 10:33 PM

Hi, Pauline… are you looking for the  «star stitch » ?   It is my very favorite! It takes two rows to get the full effect. First row looks complicated, but is a real fooler.  Second row completes the star image by doing row of hdc into the holes made in row one.

I use an  «I» hook and inexpensive worsted yarn to practice the rows.  Look on you-tube for video of crochet «star» stitch. I have attached a screenshot  to this message so you can see if this is what you are looking for… good luck… d' ❣🧶🧤🧣

Nov 28, 2022 08:55 PM

Lovely pattern donna!

+1
Nov 29, 2022 01:50 PM

It really is a pretty one and once you practice it, it's quite easy. I found that when I do the first row, it shows even better if I go one hook larger… the I go back to my original hook.  Star stitch makes for lovely rows on the hats when I do the two or four of star pattern, then couple of plain old HTC rows. Looks really elaborate, but really quite simple.  

P.S. displays patterning best with plain yarn for star stitch.  🪄

🧶🧤🧶🧣✂️

Dec 02, 2022 04:05 PM

Would you like a pattern suggestion?