Start new topic Forum Latest digest Sign in Create account
Search
CrochetMenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksOther clothingWomenScarvesHatsGlovesShawls and cover upSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersBagsOther clothingChildrenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersOther clothingHomeBlankets and plaidsRugsHome decorationsPetsSchemesKnittingOther hand-madeChat

Herrschners Place Mat and Coaster Set

Jun 27, 2021 09:13 AM

Hello, everyone I'm really in need of some Help!! and would appreciate it very much...I have this pattern from Herrschners and its called Everyday  Place Mats and Coaster Set.

It starts with ch22

then in foundation row it says dc in 4th ch from hook and all the way across, you should end up with 18 dc. Well i'm getting 19 and I'm not counting the starting first 3 ch where it curves cause your skipping those and dc-ing in the 4th ch from the hook. 

Please Help!!

3 comments
Jun 27, 2021 01:10 PM

Sounds like they made a mistake.  Look at the rest of the pattern, and see what it says.  If it doesn't, make it which ever way you want. 

Jun 27, 2021 01:39 PM

I ch 22, dc in 4th ch, and ended up with 19 not counting the turnaround.  I  would say that you can either *ch 20, dc in 4th ch from hook,  continue on and you will end up with 18  stitches if you count the 3 that were skipped,  or if  it is a simple dc  pattern  just go with it.

+1
Margrett
Jun 29, 2021 09:17 AM

I have counted your beginning chain 4 times and a friend who is an avid crocheter counted 3 times. We see 23 stitches in your beginning chain. If you haven't  figured out what the problem is yet, try starting from your beginning and cout your stitches again.😁 Wishing you Happy Crocheting. 

+1