Start new topic Forum Latest digest Sign in Create account
Search
CrochetMenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksOther clothingWomenScarvesHatsGlovesShawls and cover upSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersBagsOther clothingChildrenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersOther clothingHomeBlankets and plaidsRugsHome decorationsPetsSchemesKnittingOther hand-madeChat

Simple crochet blanket

Jun 06, 2021 03:46 AM

Hello, everyone!

Please, help me.

I need a very simple pattern for summer blanket.

I like shells and fans stitch patterns, but don't know whether I can make them, as I'm a beginner.

What do you advice to me?

Will be really appreciated for detailed patterns.

6 comments
Jun 06, 2021 05:10 AM

I love to make the simple blanket of 1 double crochet stitch, 1 single crochet stich than skip one stich. Make your chain as long as you want your blanket to be wide.  This is a very easy stich and looks and feels so soft.  Always chain one at the end of the row, and turn.  Message me if I can help more. Have fun and keep that smile on your face. You are making something with love. M

Jun 06, 2021 01:10 PM

Hi Elizabeth,

I saw your post and have a pattern you may find appealing. It is called the Summer Symphony Throw. I just looked online for a free pattern of it but did not find one. Though there are pictures online of this afghan completed. I encourage my grandchildren to learn to crochet & knit. I have even taught my mother-in-law to crochet when she was 62. She had never tried to learn before and by learning crocheted many blankets until shortly before her passing. I love Textile Therapy (Crocheting & Knitting).

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance. 

Sincerely,

Tina T Brown (TB)

Jun 07, 2021 06:53 AM

Try the crochet crowd on Facebook.   Mike has videos and patterns.

Jun 07, 2021 09:38 AM

U tube has a lot of free patterns for baby blankets.