Start new topic Forum Latest digest Sign in Create account
Search
CrochetMenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksOther clothingWomenScarvesHatsGlovesShawls and cover upSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersBagsOther clothingChildrenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersOther clothingHomeBlankets and plaidsRugsHome decorationsPetsSchemesKnittingOther hand-madeChat

My new doily

May 22, 2021 12:26 AM

Hello!

Have a nice day!

Here is the photo of my new doily

Are they still popular or quite old-fashioned today?

6 comments
Laura Bengelsdorf
May 22, 2021 08:01 AM

Very pretty!  

I've heard that some people dip them in diluted Elmer's Glue, drape them over a solid form such as a bowl to dry, then when they are dry, remove them off the form and use them as bowls around the house for dry items or use them as containers for gifts which they wrap in colored plastic wrap and tie with lovely ribbons.

If the pattern is free to you, would you share it with us?

May 22, 2021 01:19 PM

Annabelle,

I may be old fashioned but I still use doilies in my house because they are so pretty and they also protect your tables.  I love them and I love the one you have a picture of.  

May 23, 2021 07:23 AM

This is a beautiful doilie, one that you don't see much anymore.  I have a niece that loves doilies and loves everything that I make for her so I am on the look out for all kinds of things that she will enjoy.  If indeed you would share the pattern with us it would be so appreciated.  It is also in my nieces favorite color.  Kay Domalik

Fran
May 23, 2021 08:32 AM

Annabelle ~ your talent is beautiful!   I see some positive comments...just wonder if those ladies are about the same age.  During my childhood, in the 50's, I had an aunt who always had a hook in hand and probably got me «hooked» at an early age.   I still do a few doilies and have quite a stash.  I have used some of the smaller ones (6") as appliques on towels, pillow cases and tee or sweat shirts.   Keep hooking, Ladies.  

DELORES Scarcella
May 23, 2021 10:52 AM

Nice  little pattern I like doilies I like looking at different ones people make that crochet some

May 23, 2021 11:27 AM

Thank you, ladies!

I also love them a lot