Start new topic Forum Latest digest Sign in Create account
Search
CrochetMenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksOther clothingWomenScarvesHatsGlovesShawls and cover upSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersBagsOther clothingChildrenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersOther clothingHomeBlankets and plaidsRugsHome decorationsPetsSchemesKnittingOther hand-madeChat

Pattern for summer tunic

May 08, 2021 11:41 PM

Hello, everyone!

As I promised, here is the pattern for summer tunic. 

I'm very sorry for my instructions, I'm not good at it.

Materials and Tools:

350g of yarn (50% cotton, 50% linen);

Crochet hook 3-4 mm.

Size: S , M, L, XL.

Instructions

S size

80 ch

1st row: randomly 60 increases, total 140 dc;

2nd row: randomly 20 increases, total 160 dc.

Begin the ring stitch , into the second round of the stitch there will be 14 rings

M size

120 ch

1st row: randomly 60 increases, total 180 dc;

2nd row: randomly 20 increases, total 200 dc.

Begin the ring stitch , into the second round of the stitch there will be 20 rings

L size
160 ch

1st row: randomly 60 increases, total 220 dc;

2nd row: randomly 20 increases, total 240 dc.

Begin the ring stitch, into the second round of the stitch there will be 24 rings

XL size

200 ch

1st row: randomly 60 increases, total 260 dc;

2nd row: randomly 20 increases, total 280 dc.

Begin the ring stitch , into the second round of the stitch there will be 28 rings.

Note

If the neck line is too large into the unworked loops of the ch with a smaller hook work 2 sc rounds, if necessary into the second sc round work some dec ( 8 - 10 ). If it fits perfectly then work a sc round with the same crochet hook size and a crab stitch round with a smaller crochet hook size. Work single crochets around the arm hole too when the top is finished and a crab stitch round with a smaller size hook.

The rings stitch is worked in sequence of 4 rounds or rows, then this sequence is to be repeated for the length.

For all sizes work one sequence of the ring stitch after the dc rounds then divide in front and back, leaving outside the straps (2 rings per one strap for all sizes). So after the border is ready, you will work in rows.

Into the 3rd row make your first increase and then increase in each of your 5th row or into the first row of each new sequence, for one side and then you will repeat exactly the same for the other side. You will continue increasing into the 5th round after the two parts (front and back) will be joint together. If it's too ruffle you can increase in each of the 10th round or you can actually stop increasing. When the length until underarms is perfect join again in rounds and on the underarm add at list 10 ch, into the next round you will work on the 10 ch.

8 comments
May 09, 2021 06:47 AM

I like your instructions better than a graph. Keep it simple lol

Geoff

May 09, 2021 07:41 AM

What are the instructions for the ring stitch?  This is a very beautiful tunic!  I would love to crochet this!

JOAN SIMAS
May 10, 2021 08:27 AM

WHAT ARE THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE RING STITCH?

May 10, 2021 08:42 AM

It is ok now.  I found the video for the pattern on YouTube on Ona's crochet.  Thanks for the response.

May 16, 2021 11:09 AM

Can you post the link for this?

May 18, 2021 02:20 PM

I recommend you to make a swatch of the stitch so you wont have problems to understand to summer top pattern .

S size
80 ch
R1 randomly 60 increases, total 140 dc
R2 randomly 20 increases, total 160 dc
begin the ring stitch, into the second round of the stitch there will be 14 rings
M size ( the size that I work in the tutorial )
120 ch
R1 randomly 60 increases, total 180 dc
R2 randomly 20 increases, total 200 dc
begin the ring stitch, into the second round of the stitch there will be 20 rings
L size
160 ch
R1 randomly 60 inc, total 220 dc
R2 randomly 20 inc, total 240 dc
begin the ring stitch, into the second round of the stitch there will be 24 rings
XL size
200 ch
R1. randomly 60 inc, total 260 dc
R2 randomly 20 inc, total 280 dc
begin the ring stitch, into the second round of the stitch there will be 28 rings
Note
If the neck line is too large into the unworked loops of the ch with a smaller hook work 2 sc rounds, if necessary into the second sc round work some dec ( 8 — 10 ). If it fits perfectly then work a sc round with the same crochet hook size and a crab stitch round with a smaller crochet hook size. Work single crochets around the arm hole too when the top is finished and a crab stitch round with a smaller size hook .
The rings stitch is worked in sequence of 4 rounds or rows, then this sequence is to be repeated for the length. This is very important for the to p construction.
For all sizes work one sequence of the ring stitch after the dc rounds then divide in front and back, leaving outside the straps ( 2 rings per one strap for all sizes) .  So after the border is ready, you will work in rows .
Into the 3rd row make your first increase ( watch the video ) and then increase in each of your 5th row or into the first row of each new sequence, for one side and then you will repeat exactly the same for the other side. You will continue increasing into the 5th round after the two parts ( front and back ) will be joint together. If it's too ruffle you can increase in each of the 10th round or you can actually stop increasing
In mine ( M size ) I increase only 3 times more after I joint the back and the front .
When the length until underarms is perfect join again in rounds and on the underarm add at list 10 ch, into the next round you will work on the 10 ch as the pattern stitch says .

I will also post the place on YouTube for the link to the video of the pattern where you can understand it a little better.  youtu.be/EwcBHnhbMWw  Just type that in on YouTube and the video will pop up so you can watch it.

May 18, 2021 02:22 PM

Let me know if you have any problems accessing the information that I sent you.  In the video down below in the description there is a link to www.onascrochet.com.  I am not sure as I am typing it but if you click the link to her blog it will pop-up.

May 18, 2021 02:26 PM

Sorry, it is www.onacrochet.com