Start new topic Forum Latest digest Sign in Create account
Search
CrochetMenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksOther clothingWomenScarvesHatsGlovesShawls and cover upSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersBagsOther clothingChildrenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersOther clothingHomeBlankets and plaidsRugsHome decorationsPetsSchemesKnittingOther hand-madeChat

My story of crocheting

Apr 20, 2021 12:47 AM

Hello, everyone!

My name is Julia and I decided to share my story of crochet learning with you.

I lived with my mom and granny in a small countryside house. My granny always crochet something, the most beloved things of her were different doilies. I always admired how she could make them just with small "stick" and "thread". So wonderful laces and patterns. And one day I asked her to show how she did this magic. She was very glad, that asked her to teach me. I was 9 or 10 years, don't remember exactly. 

Since that moment I crochet practically every day.

Thank you for reading my story. Will be pleased to read yours.

It's not our photo, I couldn't find ours, just a warm picture of someone crocheting.

5 comments
Apr 20, 2021 10:21 AM

Dear Julia, thank you for your story! My granny also taught me knitting and crocheting

Apr 20, 2021 11:38 AM

Hello, Julia! Thank you for your story. My name is Elizabeth and I'm beginner in crocheting, I try to teach myself by watching video or reading articles

Apr 20, 2021 11:43 AM

My mother taught me knitting and now I'm teaching my daughter. The story repeats.

Nivia
Apr 21, 2021 12:39 PM

Es una historia común a muchas de  nosotras que empezamos viendo a nuestras abuelas hacer magia con el hilo y la aguja de crochet y quisimos imitarlas ...  el crochet no es solo arte de crear con hilos, es tambien, terapia, reflexion, tiempo de analisis, paciencia  .bendito Crochet que nos aporta tanto...

Jul 01, 2021 02:38 PM

Hi Julia! I too love crocheting! Was taught early in elementary school. Have loved it ever since!