Start new topic Forum Latest digest Sign in Create account
Search
CrochetMenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksOther clothingWomenScarvesHatsGlovesShawls and cover upSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersBagsOther clothingChildrenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersOther clothingHomeBlankets and plaidsRugsHome decorationsPetsSchemesKnittingOther hand-madeChat

Crochet kitchen towel top

Apr 14, 2021 10:45 PM

Hello everyone!

I saw, that you wanted a pattern for crochet towel top and I decided to share with you the last I made.

You’ll need:

Cotton Crochet Thread #10: 15 yds of coordinating color.

Worsted Weight Yarn: 1 ounce of color that matches towel

Standard size Kitchen Towel and 1" Button

Steel Crochet Hook: #7

Aluminum Crochet Hook: Size F

Instructions

Fold towel so that short sides are together. Cut folded edge of towel. Fold cut edge over ¼" to wrong side. You may baste this edge or hold it folded for the first row.

Towel

Row 1: With Right Side of Towel facing and using the steel hook, join thread on right side of folded edge, (work sc, ch 1 54 times across. (54 sc and 53 ch-1 sps) Finish off.

Row 2: With Right Side of Towel facing, and using the F hook, join yarn in first ch-1 sp, ch 3, keeping last lp of each st on hook, dc in next 2 sps, YO and draw through 3 lps on hook (dc dec made), (dec over next 2 ch-1 sps) across. (27 dc) CH 3. TURN EACH ROW.

Row 3: Dc in each st across.

Row 4: (dc dec over next 2 sts) across. (14 dc)

Row 5: Dc in each st across.

Rows 6-7: Decreasing at the beg, middle and end of row, dc across. (11, 8 dc)

Rows 8-16: Dc in each st across.

Row 17 (buttonhole row): Dc in next 2 sts, ch 2, skip 2 sts, dc in last 3 sts. (6 dc)

Row 18: Dc in next 2 sts, 2 dc in ch-2 sp, dc in last 3 sts. Finish off.

With Right Side Facing sew button to middle of Row 7.

7 comments
Apr 15, 2021 08:12 AM

Just what I wanted. Thanks! 

Kathy
Apr 15, 2021 08:48 AM

I changed things up a little bit. I used to do mine the same way but instead of cutting my towels in half I fold them in half and crochet through both layers. Makes a nice thick towel. 

Apr 15, 2021 09:04 AM

Thank you for the pattern! 

Clarice Baker
Apr 15, 2021 09:52 AM

Thank you for the pattern I will try it

Edi
Apr 15, 2021 10:05 AM

towel topper.

Apr 15, 2021 05:26 PM

Dear Gracie,

Thanks for this crochet kitchen towel top idea, I always wonder how they do it?

lots of love to you,

Hoon.

Apr 16, 2021 11:14 AM

My dear frineds, I'm very pleased, that you like my pattern!