Start new topic Forum Latest digest Sign in Create account
Search
CrochetMenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksOther clothingWomenScarvesHatsGlovesShawls and cover upSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersBagsOther clothingChildrenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersOther clothingHomeBlankets and plaidsRugsHome decorationsPetsSchemesKnittingOther hand-madeChat

crocheted baby car seat blanket

Apr 08, 2021 08:17 AM

I am looking for a pattern using 3 ply baby yarn for a car seat blanket. I have found one using chunky yarn and am not sure how to adjust it for thinner yarn. Thanks so much!

7 comments
Apr 08, 2021 08:22 AM

there are openings for the strap the be inserted, blanket cannot fall off baby, that is the style I am looking for

Apr 08, 2021 11:57 AM

Hello, Jamie!

I'll do my best to find the pattern

Apr 09, 2021 08:04 AM

Thank you for the pattern!

I'll make it

W Mercer
Apr 09, 2021 08:06 AM

several decades ago, I found a pattern I used. It was a little longer than wide, long enough to lay over head of infant, but long enough to cover legs of toddler. It had a 3-4” width-wise slit centered about 15” down from top to allow the seat buckle access. This was accomplished by crochetIng a centered chain, then resuming the stitch pattern in the chain. The overall size was smaller than a baby blanket because it was not wrapped around but lay atop. Mine was a companion, that is same stitch pattern, to the baby blanket. 
Using a worsted weight (4) yarn pattern, reduce size to 24-30” wide. Using a bulky yarn pattern, use bulky weight gauge stitch count, compare to your yarn gauge stitch count, and make the adjustment accordingly. (i.e. bulky is 4 stitches to 4”, and yours is 8 stitches to 4”, divide your 8 by bulky 4, and multiply your chain by that number, then adjust by pattern multiple. Write all that info down in your project notes. Sometimes we “wing” and it is mostly ok :-). You can lay the work down on the car seat as you go to see where you want to place seatbelt opening, and again to see if when ling  enough. 

Apr 09, 2021 11:04 AM

It's very comfortable!

Apr 09, 2021 04:12 PM

Wonderful! I appreciate your help. The chunky one in my photo was given to my cousin, she loves that her baby cannot pull it up over his face and won't fall off if the baby does a lot of kicking