Start new topic Forum Latest digest Sign in Create account
Search
CrochetMenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksOther clothingWomenScarvesHatsGlovesShawls and cover upSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersBagsOther clothingChildrenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersOther clothingHomeBlankets and plaidsRugsHome decorationsPetsSchemesKnittingOther hand-madeChat

Hello Everyone

Apr 01, 2021 11:50 PM

I have been Crocheting and Knitting for about 7 years now.  I enjoy Crocheting a bit more than Knitting lol.

I got diagnosed with Fibromyalgia 19 years ago. Slowly through out time the Pain became so terrible bad that now I can't even do daily chores without many rests between and wanting to cry!

I recall my Grandma knitting. So I looked it up and taught myself.  I also found Amurgurumi and decided to try Crochet. I was great!

I needed this, because I fell into a deep depression. I use to hike and Scuba dive. I use to wear high heels and love to dance. I can't do those things now. I needed to find this hobby. It has become more than a hobby now.  I had a store on Etsy. I had to close in 2020, because I had gotten Covid 19. After fighting it then I had many illnesses pop up and my year was terrible beyond what I words.  I am getting slowly better, but Covid left medical problems, which I well have to deal with for a long time.

6 comments
Apr 02, 2021 12:17 AM

Hello, Christy!

Nice to meet you!

Thanks a lot for your story!

I wish you a lot of health and all the best things! You are really a strong person.

Hope, that you'll like the patterns at Craftorator.

If you need help, you can always write me!

Apr 02, 2021 10:21 AM (edited)

Boy do I understand your pain.  I'm now 82  have had Fibromyalgia since I was in mid 20's.  I will say mine has never stopped me from  but I take/took meds.  I have hiked climbed mountains in central  TX & walked at least 2 miles nightly.  Now due to rheumatoid & fibromyalgia I don't do those things.   I'm left handed so you can appreciate my crocheting & knitting problems,  When I learned (50+yrs ) go there were no patterns for lefties.  I mirrored a friend & finally got it down.  I prefer crocheting.  I have never gotten the hang of picking up dropped stitches /w knitting,   I prefer crocheting afghans, caps & scarves.  I actually taught my husband to crochet.  Prayers for you with this condition.  You can call on me any time for encouragement.

Apr 02, 2021 11:45 AM

so sorry to hear about your health problems. My friend takes royal jelly for her Fibromyalgia and uses it for flair ups. Sending hugs and prayers that you get back in the groove. Take care and remember we all have to take one step after the other.

Apr 30, 2021 01:35 AM

Thank You so much. You are very kind. 

Apr 30, 2021 01:42 AM

I have Osteoporosis bad in my hands. Got a few knuckles blown up. The joints just grow big and hurt. 

I am to hear You are going through this too.

It is great you are teaching your Husband. That is cool he wants to learn.

I have a guy friend that I have known for over 20 yrs. He's a Priest, but I knew him when he was a Marine. He is teaching himself Knit off of YouTube. That is how I learned Knitting and Crochet. I told him Crochet is much easier and faster. He said Crocheting was hard for him.

Apr 30, 2021 01:45 AM

Thank You for telling me about the Royal Jelly.

I use Hemp on my pain. I get my lower back nerves burned every 3 months. 

I have had Fibro for over 20 years. Each year gets worse.

I just love that I could learn Crocheting and Knitting on YouTube.