Start new topic Forum Latest digest Sign in Create account
Search
CrochetMenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksOther clothingWomenScarvesHatsGlovesShawls and cover upSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersBagsOther clothingChildrenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersOther clothingHomeBlankets and plaidsRugsHome decorationsPetsSchemesKnittingOther hand-madeChat

Types of Yarn. Cotton.

Feb 24, 2021 10:34 PM

Hello, my dear friends!

I'd like to continue the seria of posts about yarn. But I need your feedback, whether it's interesting for you or not, please, write in the comments below.

Cotton Yarn

Cotton comes from the cotton plant. It’s grown in warm climates, the biggest producers being India, the USA, and China.

It’s light, breathable, and strong. There are different types of cotton yarn, some fine, some heavier. It doesn’t hold its shape when blocking that well, and your stitches won’t look as uniform.

Ideal for: Cotton is light and breathable. Making it the perfect choice for dream summer knits, dishcloths, potholders, and scrubbies.

They have been super fun to do, and the knitting practice gives me confidence to take on bigger projects with interesting designs.

Fun Fact

Cotton can absorb up to 27 times its weight in water! Watch out next time if you have a knitted cotton swimsuit!

4 comments
Feb 25, 2021 08:50 AM

it’s been interesting

Feb 25, 2021 01:15 PM

I like cotton because most people are not allergic to it.

Feb 26, 2021 12:13 PM

Would like more info.  what info would I find on the label. I have seen instructions for item that call for yarn that has two sets of numbers with a / between then what dose that mean?  Is it also good for crocheting?

Arla

Feb 26, 2021 11:18 PM

Of course, cotton yarn is good for crocheting. 

You can find the information about the appropriate size of knitting needles and crochet hook, weight of yarn, washing condititons on the label. 

Two sets of number may means the amount of yarn in 1 ball, but can be written in m/g or oz./yards.