Start new topic Forum Latest digest Sign in Create account
Search
CrochetMenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksOther clothingWomenScarvesHatsGlovesShawls and cover upSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersBagsOther clothingChildrenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersOther clothingHomeBlankets and plaidsRugsHome decorationsPetsSchemesKnittingOther hand-madeChat

Crochet for charity

Jan 19, 2023 12:15 PM

Hello, everyone. I wanted to share an idea I've been thinking about lately. I've been thinking about starting a charity that specializes in crocheting. The charity would provide warm clothing and blankets to those in need. I think it would be a great way to give back to our community while doing something we love. I would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions. Maybe we can come together and make it happen.

9 comments
Yvonne Anderson
Jan 19, 2023 02:10 PM

Thank you so much for your suggestion! I love to crochet and have been looking for somewhere to donate items for charity,  as most like to specify what they are looking for,  and even sometimes the specific patterns.  I'm in!!! What would it take to become a charity? I'd love to help!❤

+1
Jan 19, 2023 03:59 PM

Hi! funny you should ask.  I just contacted a local office of Save Haven of TARRANT County, a shelter for battered and domestic abuse victims.They were thrilled when I asked if there would be something that they need.  I’m doing some beanies for them.  Also, consider Bearly Used Shop in Downtown Keller.Their proceeds go to Christ’s Haven Children’s home in Keller as well. I provided handmade sewn things for them! Giving gladly with nothing expected in return is a wonderful reward when you know it goes to those who truly need it! 
Angela Porter

Angelaporter211@gmail

Jan 19, 2023 09:52 PM

I found Sacramento Blankets for Kids where I donate the blankets I make.

+1
Jan 20, 2023 11:27 AM

I make blankets for hospice in my area.  It is called Caring Hands Volunteers.  I also make hats and scarfs for the VA

+1
Marlene
Jan 21, 2023 10:33 AM

I  would like to donate crocheted items to organizations that would appreciate them please email me at mingr1942@aol.com

Marlene
Jan 21, 2023 10:34 AM

what area are you in I live in Colorado and would like to help as needed

Marlene
Jan 21, 2023 10:38 AM

I am interested in helping your charity with crocheted and knitted items like hats all sizes . 

+1
Jan 21, 2023 03:31 PM

Has a group been established.  I'm in Illinois if you develop a setting… been doing hats & scarves here, but would love to help.

Hooks4Hope. or c/b hookers..lol🥸🤣🙈🧶✂️

ewing.dmarie47@gmail.com

+1
Jan 22, 2023 08:40 AM

I'm in Pennsylvania Call your local hospital they can help you. I also made new born hats and took them to the hospital. They are always happy for these items.

Beverly