Start new topic Forum Latest digest Sign in Create account
Search
CrochetMenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksOther clothingWomenScarvesHatsGlovesShawls and cover upSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersBagsOther clothingChildrenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersOther clothingHomeBlankets and plaidsRugsHome decorationsPetsSchemesKnittingOther hand-madeChat

HATS~4~H♡PE

Jan 17, 2023 10:15 PM

Another bundle of crocheted hugs

Our weather is getting looney!  Yesterday it was 53° && at night 24° ! As I see people walking down our street, my heart sinks, knowing many are heading to McDonald's. Not going for food, but are going for warmth. 

My granddaughter puts snacks of peanut butter cracker packs into each hat, as she places them inside the church cabinet by the street. With each bundle of hats, it at least feels  the warmth can perhaps last a little longer. Each time we fill the shelves, there's plenty of room, as the last days' filled shelves are already sparse.🥴 We are Blessed.

Share your stash & your heart by 

Crocheting Warm Hugs🤗 🧶✂️❤🧤❣

Sorry for the containers...lol 👵🏻 d'

2 comments
Bree
Jan 17, 2023 10:49 PM

That is a wonderful idea, I don't have a church home as of yet, but I could still use my stash to help those who are in need. Thank you 💗💗.

+1
Jan 17, 2023 11:23 PM

An older church here in town converted their big outdoor  «sermon/greeting/notices» window box to a closet box with narrow shelves. The church members?  & others in town add canned goods, cereals, snacks, etc. to the shelves. It's a perfect place to give heart-felt items any time of the year.  It's just a block from the town square, firehouse, etc. on a main road, so its easily accessible, even if walking. Items need to be easily opened, pull tab cans, and long shelf life so one can stay nutritionally safe, but fed, especially if unable to cook. Water, juices, paper goods & so many things come & go… its a wonderful giving/caring system❣🫂❣ kind of like the book depots.  I wish every town would do this. 

I used to help my dad do the letters for his sermons… he would be building these, I'm sure! Many churches don't really use their sign boxes anymore. 🥴 We need to hijack them....lol 🥨🧣🧤🍇🍎❤❣