Start new topic Forum Latest digest Sign in Create account
Search
CrochetMenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksOther clothingWomenScarvesHatsGlovesShawls and cover upSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersBagsOther clothingChildrenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersOther clothingHomeBlankets and plaidsRugsHome decorationsPetsSchemesKnittingOther hand-madeChat

Hello here's my intro

Jan 13, 2023 03:42 PM

Hello my name is Robin and I am a 63 year old(thank you  Lord)disabled veteran,(female, that is)!!... who has been crocheting off and on since I was  7 years old.   Now, I have been asked to head off a couple of crocheting classes for my veteran brothers and sisters where I reside 

I'm totally excited to say the least that my hard work in my old age is going to pay off(hopefully) for someone who may take their learning experience to another level.....ALL BECAUSE I TOOK THE TIME TO SHOW THEM WHAT CROCHETING IS ABOUT and what one can do with the knowledge of the art of crocheting. 

I am in need of some help ..... Craftorators..... where can I go to get donations for yarn, hooks, etc. What quirks I have to do to get with companies that participate in this sort of  endeavor that I'm on. 

Until then.... I would like to welcome myself to your  site, and I am looking forward to meeting and having many discussions with you guys...

4 comments
Jan 14, 2023 03:54 PM

Have you tried some of the thrift stores, Goodwill, DAV stores, Salvation Army, etc.? If you tell them what you are doing, they might be willing to help you with anything they might have on hand. Also, contact your local churches who might be able to assist you or if you have local senior citizen centers, some of the participants who are regular crocheters might have some leftovers supplies they would be able to donate. 

+1
Jan 15, 2023 10:20 PM

Hi Robin, welcome.  I don't know if you've tried 2 places for yarn and hooks. 1. The veterans administration.  You'll need to get their email address.  Make a request. 2.  If you have a senior center in your home town ask them if you can put up a sign asking for supplies.  Many seniors use to crochet but can no longer do it.  They have supplies that I'm sure they would be happy to donate.  I have extra needles.  Pls contact me by text and I'll send them to you. My name: Suzanne #715-213-4660.  Looking forward to meeting you via text.

Feb 07, 2023 02:59 PM

Thank you so very much.  I'm very excited that I've gotten some good replies.  Again my name is Robin Riddick 

350 Snediker Ave, Apt 203

Brooklyn, New York  11207

If there is a cost,  please let me know and I'll be happy to send the payment to you. 

Thanks so very much

Feb 07, 2023 03:09 PM

Thanks, I hadn't thought of that...!!.. Duh!.. Lol lol,  I'll get right on it