Start new topic Forum Latest digest Sign in Create account
Search
CrochetMenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksOther clothingWomenScarvesHatsGlovesShawls and cover upSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersBagsOther clothingChildrenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersOther clothingHomeBlankets and plaidsRugsHome decorationsPetsSchemesKnittingOther hand-madeChat

Crocheting for Charity

Jan 10, 2023 01:21 PM

Hello, everyone.

I wanted to share an idea I've been thinking about lately. I've been thinking about starting a charity that specializes in crocheting. The charity would provide warm clothing and blankets to those in need. I think it would be a great way to give back to our community while doing something we love. I would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions. 

Maybe we can come together and make it happen.

13 comments
Jan 10, 2023 01:24 PM

I would like to help.

Jan 11, 2023 12:36 AM

I would be interested in joining

Jan 11, 2023 07:51 AM

Our Church has a Knitters Group and we make things for Charity groups and Nursing Homes.  We made 271 things like: hats, scarves, blankets, gloves, shawls, etc.  We meet the 1st and 3rd Thursday at out church.

Jan 11, 2023 11:48 AM

Lyla… its a wonderful idea. I do hats with my yarn stash. We have so may in our area that struggle to survive, especially this winter. 

Here's the latest. My granddaughter & I will add them to the giving box with snacks.  Crocheting hugs...d

Shella Webber
Jan 11, 2023 02:08 PM

I have been thinking the same thing!!! Where do you live? I am in Lakewood Washington. Not sure how people start a charity like this  but I do see how badly it is needed.

Jan 11, 2023 06:43 PM

LOVE that idea

Jan 11, 2023 10:16 PM

What a beautiful idea. I am a the very beginning.  But, It take me for ever the easiest project.

Gissys

Jan 11, 2023 10:18 PM

One item that is badly needed.  Nursing homes that have dementia patients need these sensory muffs or squares.  You can look them up on YouTube.  They are called fidget muffs or twiddle muffs.  You can use scraps of yarn, create the muff or squares.  Then attach items like bells, buttons, basically anything the patients can use to keep their hands busy.  It's a wonderful cause and extremely appreciated.  Good luck

+1
Suzanne
Jan 12, 2023 08:11 AM

Sounds like a wonderful project.  Please provide details when available.  Great way to use up those small stashed yarn pieces.  

Jan 12, 2023 09:46 AM

it’s a great idea.  

Jan 12, 2023 10:08 AM

A wonderful idea, but maybe too broad.  There are a lot already, and we just give to local groups that help needy people, like Rescue Mission and schools.  Best wishes.

Pattie
Jan 12, 2023 05:44 PM

I’m interested

Jan 14, 2023 12:02 AM

Wow…! What a great idea!!! I have to check out these❣ I have lots of small yarn types, even scrubbie yarns that have good textile feel to them… love this idea🧶✂️🤗😊💚

+1