Start new topic Forum Latest digest Sign in Create account
Search
CrochetMenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksOther clothingWomenScarvesHatsGlovesShawls and cover upSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersBagsOther clothingChildrenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersOther clothingHomeBlankets and plaidsRugsHome decorationsPetsSchemesKnittingOther hand-madeChat

Crochet and Mental Health

Jan 08, 2023 01:10 PM

Hi everyone, 

I just wanted to share my thoughts on how crochet has helped me with my mental health. I've found that crocheting is a great way to relax and de-stress, and it's also a great way to express myself creatively. I love how each project is unique and I can make something that's truly my own. I also find that crocheting helps me focus and be more mindful in the present moment. Do any of you have similar experiences with crochet and mental health? 

I'd love to hear your thoughts and experiences.

5 comments
Kim
Jan 10, 2023 09:02 AM

I deal with depression and anxiety I. Completely agree with everything you said. It keeps mind calm and not racing. I have told people that but I don’t think they understand, it was good to see someone else understands. Thank you, Kim

Jan 10, 2023 03:10 PM

Yes I agree.  It helps me keep busy when thoughts want to race, instead I have to stay in this moment and pay attention to what I am doing.  Also, when I just can't manage to get other things done I can crochet and doing that lets me feel productive.  It is such a wonderful tool!

Jan 10, 2023 06:35 PM

It has helped my niece a lot.

Jan 10, 2023 07:40 PM

I agree.

Jan 10, 2023 08:40 PM

Love to hear that it helps you! Spread the word!!!