Start new topic Forum Latest digest Sign in Create account
Search
CrochetMenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksOther clothingWomenScarvesHatsGlovesShawls and cover upSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersBagsOther clothingChildrenScarvesHatsGlovesSweatersCardigansSocksSlippersOther clothingHomeBlankets and plaidsRugsHome decorationsPetsSchemesKnittingOther hand-madeChat

Not new here, but life has prevented me from getting as involved as I would like.

Dec 25, 2022 02:32 PM

Hi,  all my fellow crafters!! I'm not new to this community, but I might as well be!! life has prevented me from being as involved in ANYTHING as I've wanted to be, but it's time to nip that in the bud!! Life has not been kind to me this past year, to say the least!! I say this not looking for pity, but to explain why I have not been present/active, despite my extreme desire/need to connect with my fellow crocheters and general crafters.

I don't even know how to introduce myself anymore...life's many turns have me in a tailspin, and has left me clueless as to who I am anymore. Thank goodness for crochet (and crafts in general), it has saved my life, along with my amazing Husky, many times over since I learned at the beginning of quarantine.

I'm thrilled to have finally and hopefully found my group, human contact is much-needed in my life...and I find that my fellow crafters tend to be so very supportive and uplifting. I hope that I can be as positive of an influence in your lives as you are sure to be in mine!!

I greatly look forward to this journey we shall take together!!

5 comments
Dec 25, 2022 11:41 PM

Welcome back ☺️  I understand «life» can create times when it's easier to bury our heads in the sand.  Crochet has saved my life.  I have a chronic pain condition and found crocheting helps me deal with my situation.  Glad to have you here. 

+1
Dec 26, 2022 12:23 PM

I certainly understand how life can not be easy for some of us and causes us to be absent when we want to be present. Hopefully 2023 will be a much better year for all of us. Welcome to the group. I want say welcome back because I'm sucha newbie to the group having only found it in November. Happy 2023 and happy crocheting.

+1
Dec 26, 2022 08:40 PM

Welcome back! Look forward to seeing you around

+1
Dec 27, 2022 01:56 PM

Welcome back. It  is easy to get waylaid and not involved like you want to be. How I understand that! Hav fun crocheting!

Dec 28, 2022 04:17 PM

Well, Susanna, Welcome Back! Glad you decided to return❣🤗

I set crafts aside for long time and here, I am in awe. There's so many ideas and creative people and patterns! You will find old and new favorites… plus you can find Y♡U, again, toooo.  So glad you came...now, get busy....lol, there's patterns & people waiting just for you❣ d' 🧶🧤🧣✂️